Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's a good thing I'm not God

Sometimes I wonder if God had the patience of man, what would life be like, and I imagine that a letter from God would probably look like this....

Dear children,

I'm writing this letter to tell you how I feel about some of the things you do. I have given you the power of prayer along with several other tools. I made you capable of doing many things, yet a lot of you choose to do nothing but pray, and then you get upset when you don't get what you pray for. You blame me for everything that goes wrong by saying "maybe God didn't see fit for me to have it". When in actuality I have given you the tools to go out and get it yourself.



I have told you, to bring things to me in prayer, and to leave them. But, some of you keep praying and praying and praying about the same thing. If you're doing that my child, then you never left it with me. I said faith without works is dead, but you must first have faith. Once you've prayed about it and left it with me, get up off of your knees and get to work. How would you feel if one of my children that I have given to you to take care of, constantly asks you for the same thing when you have already told them you would give it to them?



I have already given you many of the answers you seek; it's up to you to use the tools that I have given you. What are you still waiting on? Sometimes, you miss the blessings I have given you by waiting on some dramatic testimony worthy moment when I've already answered the prayer if you would get off your knees and move.



All I have ever asked you to do is believe in me and accept my son Jesus as your lord and savior. I have asked you to love one another and treat each other as you would like to be treated. But, most of you can't seem to do that right. Yet, you think I'm supposed to just jump and fix the things you're too lazy to fix yourself, which I have already equipped you with the tools to fix.



How do you think this makes me feel?



Signed,

Your heavenly father

Don't get me wrong, prayer is a very powerful tool, especially when you feel like you don't know what to do or which way to go. But, it's not the only tool God has given us and sometimes we need to use those other tools rather than going to God with things that he has already given us tools to handle.

Well that's the Green Chimp's take, what's yours?

3 comments:

  1. Interesting post!

    That's just like someone PRAYING and PRAYING to GOD for a better job but NEVER does anything to accomplish that goal but pray!!! And hopes that one day that perfect job will come knocking at their door while they sit on their azz!!!

    Career: Knock Knock!!! Dummy: WHO IS IT??? Career: JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, like they can pray for a million dollars everyday and just chill at the crib and it will drop in their laps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is right on point so many times we have great expectations but barely any for ourselves

    ReplyDelete