Sunday, January 13, 2013

Guys Just Want to have Fun


I've heard it said that women don't like for men to have fun. I have even experienced what seemed
like behavior to validate this assertion before. What is it about men having fun that seems to not sit well with women? Is it the notion that men can't have fun unless there are women around, specifically women other then their woman? Do women secretly want to be their man's "mother"? What do you think about curfews in
relationships/marriage? What do you consider a "decent" time of night for your man to come home after hanging out with the guys? What can happen at 4am that can't happen at 11pm?

The reason I'm asking is that men respond to logic. The overused buzzwords like childish,
immature, irresponsible and disrespectful get tuned out because we've heard them over and over
again. If women are going to be so dead set for or against an action then they need to present a
logical explanation as to why it is either right or wrong. Simply adding a "label" to a behavior
doesn't resonate with men. Tell us in real words why it's unacceptable and watch the behavior
change. I'm not trying to make women seem silly or petty. I'm simply saying, think about why the
things that bother you, bother you. Then make a truthful declaration to your man about it and watch him change the behavior. If it's, "I believe you get horny around 3 in the morning and when you are drunk and horny I don't know if you will remain faithful", then say that. Or whatever it is, say it. I've been married going on 15 years. When I'm going to hang out with certain friends, my wife says, "OK, I'll see you tomorrow.". Because She knows I'm probably not going to come in that night and she isn't going to feel like coming to pick me up at 5am. If all of the bills are paid and all of the household duties are taken care of, how it that being irresponsible? Here's where you say, "Because it just is". and that's when men tune out. I"m just saying. I'm not trying to debate you, I'm trying to put you up on game.

2 comments:

  1. I have always logic. The problem is I'm usually trying to be logical to a boy playing man and not a man being a man. So it falls on deaf ears... but that's my fault with the men I choose. I need to grow up! lmao!!

    ReplyDelete